What to look for?
There are several different "warning signs" to look for to
help determine if you or someone you love has scoliosis. Should you notice
any one or more of these signs, you should schedule an exam with a doctor.
- Shoulders are different heights – one shoulder blade is
more prominent than the other
- Head is not centered directly above the pelvis
- Appearance of a raised, prominent hip
- Rib cages are at different heights
- Uneven waist
- Changes in look or texture of skin overlying the spine (dimples,
hairy patches, color changes)
- Leaning of entire body to one side